Looking out for our customers over the winter – making a claim if the worst happens
Posted by Let Alliance on November 22, 2016
No matter what we do, we are all susceptible to extreme weather conditions which could result in damage to property and/or belongings. As a landlord or tenant there are some things you can do to minimise the risk of damage to your rental property both inside and out:
- High winds can cause so much damage but it can be items left outside that actually cause the damage to your property, from garden furniture and trampolines, to bikes and BBQs. Check what you have outside and store it away where you can.
- Landlords – when did you last get your trees checked? Are they old with the potential for branches to break off or to fall down and onto your property? Consider enlisting a tree surgeon to review and reduce the risk.
- The top of your property is another key area to check – is guttering firmly attached and free from debris? Are your roof tiles also firmly attached? High winds may cause them to come loose or to be removed completely and fall. Not only does this increase the risk of damage to your property but also to cars, etc. in the vicinity.
- It’s also worth checking your drainage grids are free from debris, reducing the risk of blockages and increasing the risk of potential flooding.
If you have purchased an insurance policy from Let Alliance and the worst happens, it’s important that you know who to call if you need to make a claim. Please have your policy number to hand when making any potential claim and call the appropriate claims number below:
- Let Alliance Landlords’ Buildings & Contents Insurance – 0292 055 8766
- NIG Landlords’ Buildings & Contents Insurance – 0333 015 6765
- Keelan Westall PEN Underwriting Landlords’ Buildings & Contents Insurance – 01420 470548
- Let Alliance Landlords’ Home Emergency Cover – 0345 872 9009
- Let Alliance Tenants’ Contents Insurance – 0292 055 8766
Share this story: