Cover and benefits:
- We will arrange for an approved repairer to assess the situation and carry out a temporary repair, or a permanent repair if it can be carried out during the same visit and would cost no more than a temporary repair, up to £500 per claim.
- Nil excess as standard.
- Sudden loss, damage to or blockage, breakage or flooding of the cold water supply and drainage system within the boundary of your home.
- Sudden failure of the main hot water and central heating system, including connecting pipes.
- Failure of gas and electrical supply, for which you are responsible.
- Damage to, or the failure of external doors, windows or locks that could compromise the security of the property.
- Impact damage to, or internal mechanical failure of, the toilet cistern
- Vermin causing damage inside the home or a health risk
- Loss of or damage to roofing caused by storm force winds (excluding flat roof).
- Impact damage by falling trees, motor vehicles, aerials, masts or aircraft
Policy Exclusions and Limitations:
The policy will not cover:
- Any event which is gradual and is not classed as a sudden event
- Boilers that have not been professionally serviced in the last 12 months
- Removal of asbestos
- Where the property has been unoccupied for 30 consecutive days
- Any claim occurring within the first 14 days of the policy start date
- Incorrect or unqualified installation, repair or modification or a design fault.
- Equipment that is still under guarantee or warranty from the manufacturer, supplier or installer.
The above is not an exhaustive list, please refer to the Policy Wording for full details.